Wednesday, November 7, 2018

New Field Guides!


 A surprise package came in the mail for the kindergartners!  A very kind person, who likes my bird program, donated $200 for me to buy a bird field guide for each of my students this year and next year.

This bird field guide is titled, "Birds of the Dakotas"
by Stan Tekiela.  I like that this field guide has
color tabs, so when a child sees a red bird
he goes to the red tabs and looks for his bird.

The kindergartners were so happy as they looked
through their very own field guide.  This
book will stay in the classroom until the end of
the school year.  That way we can put it to
good use and they will be very familiar with
it when they bring it home.

I loved all of the enthusiasm and smiles in the room!

"Look!  A Great Horned Owl!"

They loved the field guides!

Now it was time to make thank-you cards.

I was impressed with their drawings of birds!

Here's the crew with their new, bird field guides!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Day of School!

What a great year we had in kindergarten!  The children worked so hard on their reading skills and it paid off in a big way because they ...